1) Coffee, in copious amounts. Preferably an unlimited supply.
2) My trusty laptop (Which is becoming not-so-trusty lately. Replacement laptop, here I come).
3) Red pens (I love to edit in red, it helps me detach a bit emotionally from my work).
4) Inspiring music. When I write action scenes, I love listening to soundtracks from Star Wars. I’m always hoping I’ll be able to create a great story through a type of osmosis.
5) Chocolate. There can NEVER be too much chocolate. EVER.
6) Asking random “what if” questions like: What if my coffee mug automatically refilled itself? I might just think “awesome!”. On a good day, it might inspire a whole story, or part of one.
7) Time — duh. Seriously, even five minutes helps me out, but I really like to have more time than that. It’s just how I roll.
8) Someone to bounce my ideas off (who will not steal them).
9) Trusted editor (could be a linguistically-gifted friend).
10) PubIt.com — oh yeah, that is my plan. Ebook, baby!
So do any of you have a list, or something that you absolutely must have in order to write well?