Ah…A brand new year!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Some of you may have had “The Year of Awesome” last year. Others may have had “The Year of Epic Fail”. I think mine is somewhere in between. I really love the New Year celebration, though I’m usually too exhausted to actually celebrate (lame, I know). It is so awesome to know that we can have another shot at trying to work towards our life-goals. This coming year is going to be interesting. I don’t really know what to expect, but I already know that it is going to keep me busy. I figured I would share a few things I liked from this year and then some goals for next year.
This year’s highlights were:
- Officially starting this blog
- Getting another year of classes under my belt–yay!
- Getting stuck on BBC’s version of Sherlock Holmes
- Discovering the Buffy: Vampire Slayer series (yeah, I know…I was supposed to watch that a long time ago but I heard it was done by Joss Whedon and had to watch it after that)
- Got my thyroid issue settled (supposedly)
- Participated in NaNoWriMo for the first time ever (super crazy and highly recommended)
- Embraced my inner Betty Crocker and cooked/baked a bunch from “scratch” (so proud of myself!)
- Beheld the addiction that is Pinterest (I only succumbed a few times, I swear)
- Embarked on an amazing journey of discovery, knowledge and challenge (a.k.a. becoming a freelance writer and editor)
Since these are things I really could not have predicted at the beginning of the year, I’m sure this list of “goals” for next year will be completely upended in place of something equally interesting:
- Complete my reading list for 2013 (at the least, hopefully more)
- Try new coffees (I have to make sure I include some easily-attainable goals)
- Finally beat Kingdom Hearts…or ANY game, really. I won’t be picky. (I claim ADD as my excuse for not finishing my video games)
- Pursue my numerous hobbies
- Complete my first edit of one of my manuscripts
- Solidify some plans for a co-op type business I’m envisioning
- See Lindsey Stirling perform live (probably not going to happen, but I can hope)
- Pay off some bills (if you’re like me, that is a permanent one on the list)
- Begin watching the Dr. Who series (I’ve already seen a few and I know I’ll be hooked)
Both lists have nine things. I swear I did not plan that, but it sure works out well. I know this isn’t the normal New Year’s Resolution type of list. I simply dislike trying to reform my character once a year. It works a lot better for me if I take small bite-sized chunks of ways to improve myself and help others. I get much farther than if I say I want to end up like Mother Theresa. Working on oneself takes time and patience. If I set a crazy goal, I’ll try to achieve it, but I’ll feel horrible if I don’t and then I’ll slide backwards. So, I’ll be working on self-improvement throughout the year. If you feel like sharing your goals for the New Year, leave a comment. 🙂
Above all else, I hope that you all have a wonderful year filled with blessings, happy adventures, and lots of love.
A brand new year is a brand new beginning! Now that is full of awesome.
P.S. Oh my gosh! I just realized that 2013 contains my lucky number 13! So happy!